Science of Reading in the Classroom: HQIM Small Group Instruction
The Mississippi Department of Education’s Office of Elementary and Education and Reading Division of Literacy is excited to announce an opportunity for district administrators, principals, lead teachers, and instructional coaches (K-5) to attend a 1 day, in person professional development training tilted Science of Reading in the Classroom: HQIM Small Group Implementation. This professional development will explore the relationship between High-Quality Instructional Materials (HQIM), the Science of Reading and small group instruction.
Part 1 Focuses: (morning) Whole Group Professional Learning
· Utilizing small group instruction effectively during the literacy block
· Implementing an effective teacher led center
· Exploring the "plus block"
Part 2 Focuses: (afternoon) Curriculum Specific Workshop Breakout Sessions
*Participants need to bring a teacher’s edition and accompanying materials needed to plan (My View, Wonders, Wit and Wisdom, Into Reading)
· Resource Dive: Tier 1 Small Group Instructional Materials
· Understand how to structure the daily/weekly reading block for whole and small group instruction implementation
* Discuss how to assess and group students
* Determine routines and best practices at the teacher table.
|Tue, Feb 20, 2024||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|8:30 AM - 4:00 PM||Kristen Wynn||Christine Moseley||MGCCC Hospitality Resort Management Center|