BRI's Module 6: Structured Literacy: Vocabulary
Designed for K-3 educators, this collection of modules addresses the following objectives:
- Foster a deep understanding of each of the five components of reading recognized by the National Reading Panel and how they form a comprehensive and integrated approach to reading instruction.
teachers with practical tools and resources that are aligned to the
science of literacy acquisition and readily accessed and applied in the
- Demonstrate the use of assessments and their results to guide instruction for each of the five components of reading plus the three additional skills (oral language, print awareness, and written expression) that support literacy proficiency.
- Facilitate adult learning through strategies that allow teachers to access information previously learned and to apply new knowledge and resources to strengthen practice.
In Module 6, participants will:
- Identify, define, and develop instructional plans for the characteristics of explicit vocabulary acquisition.
- Understand the importance of base, roots, and morphemes to aid in comprehension and how to use it with students.
- Identify the use of verbal reasoning and figurative language on expression of ideas and thoughts as well as comprehension of others ideas.
|Mon, Feb 26, 2018||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|8:30 AM - 4:00 PM||Full Day||Marion McBride||Dianne King||William Carey University: Traditions Campus|
|Tue, Feb 27, 2018||8:30 AM - 4:00 AM|
|8:30 AM - 4:00 AM||Full Day||Marion McBride||Dianne King||William Carey University: Traditions Campus|
|Disabilities||If you have a disability that would need an accommodation (wheelchair, visual impairment, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|
|Food Allergies||If you have a food allergy or preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|